For the pleasure of your ears =)

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Throwback

I stumbled upon Tucker Max on Wikipedia when I was surfing the Internet to find ways to earn money by blogging(just one of my foolish idea coz I want to earn some quick & easy money, I know it's not realistic at all). He is an American blogger who chronicles his drinking and sexual experiences in the form of short stories on his website TuckerMax.com and subsequently written a book, I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell that became a New York Times #1 Bestseller. I was amazed by the fact that Tucker Max is able to turn his drinking and sexual experiences into money-making. Most of us that have a liking for drinking or hooking up with someone else ended up paying a heavy price for it. Moreover, he is daring enough to write about his drinking and sexual experiences for others to read. Drinking and sexual experience are such a taboo topic to be openly discussed in Asian cultures that you rarely see people parade openly in Asia.

Coming across Tucker Max gives me the feeling that I would like to do a throwback and share about one of my drinking experience. This one occurred just before I went to Singapore to further my tertiary education. A couple of my friends(I'm not naming them for their privacy concern) threw a great night of enjoyment for me. We first went to play darts while drinking some beer at a hang-out place for the working-class people. After having enough of darts, we decided to switch place and discussed about the next destination. 

We came to the decision of going into a pub that have the disco music along with hot girls dancing. Just for the record, that was not the first time I went to a place like that. I had previously went to a club before in my life, but that time I went with a couple of high school friends that are still having reservation on letting their guard down and just get wild. Plus, I was driving that time so I did not drink alcohol a lot.

Because I had drank a bit prior to entering the pub, I was already in tipsy mode. Initially, all that we could enjoy was seeing the hot girls dancing flirtatiously. Then, a couple of hot girls came directly to us and drank with us. The girl that came to me got a little intimate physically with me, as what you may have expected seeing we're in that kind of places. I struggled inside in my mind as naughty thoughts started creeping into my mind but my good side kept telling me the morality barrier. Not that I din respond to her by being intimate with her as well. The fact that I had already been in a tipsy mode and naughty thoughts were flooding my mind got my whole body feeling hot and I started to feel I was close to losing it.

When I felt I was close to the limit of losing it, I made the decision to get out of the pub and cool myself down. Perhaps this was the first time I got intimate with a stranger and so I wasn't daring enough to do anything beyond my own morality stand. I won't deny that this was afterall an exciting experience because I had not have this kind of blood rush for a long time.

On a different note, I finally understand why people often lose control of themselves whenever they are drunk. The thing that really cause us to lose control of ourselves isn't due to being drunk, but because we tend to let the naughty or out-of-bound thoughts take over us because that is our hidden desire. I'm sure, for guys at least, we all have fantasize such occasion in our minds many times and when the opportunity presents in real life itself, it's either grab it or leave it. Well, in my life, I had turned down several times this type of things. I wonder whether I have the guts to really lose control of myself and go wild once. I have been feeling unsatisfied with my life in some way that I feel I want to do some wild and stupid things in life. I'm already 21 now and when else I could do wild and stupid things other than when I'm still young? So much so for being a good boy and buried myself in studies for 21 years.

To conclude this post, I really struggle with myself in the sense whether I have done enough in my life to deserve the chance of enjoying life. I had given it all to my studies hoping some day I can pursue my tertiary education in UK with a scholarship and I could travel around Europe to enjoy the reward of my hard work. It wasn't to be as I always came up short and din have the luck. To be frank and no offence to my friends studying in UK, it is really a pain in my heart having to listen to you all sharing the wonderful things you did while studying in UK and the best thing I did in Singapore was the occasional suppers in someone's room or in the mamak stall.

Forgive me for sharing the unsatisfied feeling deep inside my heart but this is my blog afterall. 


No comments: