For the pleasure of your ears =)

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Happy Berpuasa to my Muslim friends =)

Saw people sharing our Education deputy minister Mary Yap's statement on 'Non-Muslim pupils should eat, drink in private during fasting month'. My two cents on this is that it really depends on what's their definition of 'private'. When I was in high school, I try to avoid drinking water with my water bottle held high. That's my way of being respectful to my Muslim friends.
I also saw people's comments of giving counter arguments like: What about if the (X race) are fasting but the Malays aren't? My humble opinion is that the main point here is to be respectful to those who are fasting regardless of their race and religion. We should really move beyond race and religion on this tiny issue and just think about manners when it comes to the topic of fasting. There is no reason to fuss about our Education deputy minister Mary Yap's statement if we try to reason based on manners. Though I might add it will be better if her statement is something like: Please be respectful to the Muslims during fasting period.
Just sharing my opinion and if there's any part of my opinions here that is offensive, I beg for your forgiveness and understanding.
*Peace* and happy berpuasa and advanced Raya to my Muslim friends out there. smile emoticon

No comments: