For the pleasure of your ears =)

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Penang Trip - Day 1

Hello, dear readers! Welcome back for another update on the latest stories of my holidays life. Recently, I went to Penang for a four days, three nights trip with my university coursemates from 16 to 19 June 2015. It was certainly a wonderful trip for me personally because I don't get to travel often. Therefore, a short getaway to the historical island of Penang with my university coursemates no doubt added some great memories to my university years as a whole. So, I will be detailing the whole trip with several posts which I hope will be a delightful read to all the readers out there. =)

On the first day of trip, I reached Penang by taking Firefly airline at Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah or Subang Airport . It was my first time taking airplane since my 2010 trip to China. My dad fetched me to the airport and sent me off. The plane took off around 6pm and reached Penang International Airport around 7pm. The landing was not so pleasant because it was a minor hard landing. It was kinda cold in the Penang International Airport and luckily Dexter reminded us to bring jacket. I met Wing Fei near the exit pickup point there and was the second last to arrive(Jing Hao was the last). While waiting for Jing Hao, we chatted a little at the exit pickup point. After Jing Hao has arrived, Dexter fetched us to our hotel:

Red Inn Court, Penang
For the entire trip, Wing Fei, Yong Jie(Ah Fit) and I stayed in Red Inn Court. It was a budget hotel and costed the three of us RM75 in total for each day. Certainly, the price is very much affordable and there is no reason to complain at all if you're not that picky. 

After checking into the hotel, we went to have dinner at Chulia Street. For this part, I'll just let the pictures do the talking(lols):
Clockwise from top left: Fried popiah, wantan mee, char koay teow, popiah, yogurt, rice noodle roll and vege(?)
Centre: Group selfie, from left to right: Kee Yong, Wing Fei, me(on top of wf), Cheryl, Dexter, Yong Jie and Gai Win

After dinner at Chulia Street, we went to have yogurt at The Mugshot Cafe nearby Red Inn Court. We ordered four cups of yogurt with kiwi, jackfruit toppings. Besides having yogurt, the cafe has a few entertainments and nice spot for selfie. Boys being boys, all the guys had a hand in playing the table football game. Had a fun time playing the table football although couldn't manage a win(Yong Jie ruled again). After the table football game, most of us(except Gai Win) played Jenga. I played in only one of those games and luckily wasn't the one that lost in the end. We spent the rest of the time in the Mugshot Cafe taking selfies. Here are some of the photos taken:
Quick selfie, from left to right: Cheryl, Kee Yong, Dexter, me and Gai Win

Having fun playing table football and Jenga
The soul that sees beauty, may sometimes walk alone.

Being charged again for being priceless. LOLS

After Mugshot Cafe, we went to 7-11 to buy mineral waters and then went back to the hotel to conclude the first day. 

No comments: