For the pleasure of your ears =)

Monday, June 22, 2015

Desire - a sign of growing up?

Today morning(Happy Father's Day!!!) I fetched my mum to pasar in Pudu. While she went to buy the ingredients for lunch and dinner, I sneaked back to Pusat Tuisyen Martin since it's kinda near the pasar. I just happened to sit there reading the newspaper and enjoying the air conditional when I saw a girl wearing a pink Air Jordan V. I got excited because I've always wanted a pair of Air Jordan ever since I became obsessed with sneakers.

My obsession with Air Jordan shoes began when I received a pair of Adidas T-Mac 1 from my second elder brother as a gift last year before I went to Singapore. I had been working for four months back then and planned to use the money earned to buy myself a nice pair of basketball shoe. However, my second elder brother decided to give me his Adidas T-Mac 1 since he rarely wears it. This pair of shoe started my interest in basketball shoe. I guess it's normal to be drawn to Air Jordans once you start browsing the internet for nice shoes because Air Jordans are the crème de la crème. 

Little did I know that the first time I went to a basketball shoe retailing shop recommended by a friend, I found out the cheapest pair of Air Jordan costs at least RM650. My jaw definitely fall a little because buying a pair of shoe that costs RM650 is no doubt a luxurious buy for someone like me that comes from a middle-class family. Nevertheless, my obsession with Air Jordan shoes grows as I often watch video highlights of Michael Jordan on Youtube as well as checking out all the Air Jordan shoe models on Google Image. 

I had never been one of those teenagers who craves expensive items and work to earn money in order to buy it. Back then, I was contented with just being a nerdy boy that do well in my studies. I guess the first sign that I began to develop materialism is when I demanded a Iphone right after my SPM to replace my old Sony Ericsson K300 that I had been using since standard 6. I couldn't resist the temptation as I saw my friends having the latest and most advanced smartphone. Initially I wanted an Iphone 3GS but I ended up buying a Iphone 4 which I have been using till this date. 

Just like in the case of purchasing my Iphone 4, I think I'm starting to lose the battle against the temptation to buy an expensive pair of Air Jordan. Just before I went to the Penang, I've made a sub-conscious thought that I will be working in Singapore after the end of my year 2 semester 1 in university to earn some quick money in order to buy a pair of Air Jordan shoes. Well, it's 1SGD for RM2.80 now, so I only need to work as a waiter/promoter for about 2-3 weeks to earn enough money to fulfill my current desire of owning a pair of Air Jordan. My mum gave me the green light to go ahead and buy with the salary I'm about to earn from my current job but I think I should save it with most of it used to cover my expenses for the Penang trip and all the outings this holidays. Imagine half of my monthly salary will be spent on a pair of shoes. I think I rather use the money earned from working in Singapore. 

In the mean time while waiting for that happy moment of fitting a pair of Air Jordan on my feet, let's have a preview of those Air Jordan shoes that are on my wish list: 

1) Air Jordan 11


People quoted this pair the best Jordan of them all
2) Air Jordan 13
I like the design of the sole resembling the pads on a panther's paw
3) Air Jordan 7
Ain't really fond of this model but the champion pack model certainly caught my eyes.
4) Air Jordan 18
This model would certainly be the top of my list because I just like blue. =D Downside is most of the Jordans sell in Malaysia are those models MJ wore when he was a Bull. 

5) Air Jordan 10
This pair is the first model MJ wore when he came back from his first retirement.

Here's a video about Air Jordan's legacy on MJ's 50 birthday:

It's Gotta Be The Shoes!!!

p.s. Wonder if it is a good thing that I am beginning to chase those desires that I did not fulfill when I was a teenager. A pair of shoes that worth at least RM650 on my feet, SERIOUSLY!? O.O

No comments: