For the pleasure of your ears =)

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy 2016


Happy new year to everyone out there! =D

Before I go and talk briefly about my new year wishlist, let's begin this post by talking about how I spent my New Year Eve. I had this sudden idea during 回巢 that I wanted to spend the new year eve with my 学记 friends, something I have never done before. I suggested this to Poi Yi and she agreed to host me and Yi Yin (Evangeline) in her house for the New Year Eve. Although it was just the three of us, I enjoyed it nonetheless because as the old saying goes: it's the company that matters.

That day, after I grabbed a bottle of sparkling juice from TLC Supermarket, I took LRT to Sungai Besi station where Poi Yi picked me up, one of the many hospitality that she and her family shown throughout the time I spent at her place. Evangeline arrived much later so we spent the moment waiting for her by playing with Poi Yi's dogs and watching TV. When Evangeline arrived, she also brought a birthday cake for Poi Yi and I as we both celebrate our birthday in January. We had steamboat dinner for the night and of course I enjoyed the dinner because the two ladies couldn't eat much. xD

After dinner, we sat in the living room talking with Poi Yi's family as well as playing with her dog (again xD), Amber. Around 10.45pm, Poi Yi's parents went to sleep and the three of us plus Poi Yi's brother spent some time in her brother's room talking about cooking. Her brother also gave his room for me to sleep for the night. As 12am and 2016 approached, we went back to the dining room to get ready for the countdown.

As the clock ticked to 12am, it was a small cheer for us as we casually wished each other Happy New Year before we all got busy with our smartphone as we wished our family and friends happy new year. Moving on, it was cake cutting time as Poi Yi and I celebrated our birthday in advance. Then, we popped the wine and talked for the rest of the night.
Happy Birthday (in advance) to Poi Yi and myself =D
Cheers to 2016. Happy New Year!!!
Random selfie coz Pauline requested it.

The next morning, Poi Yi's family treated me breakfast before Poi Yi drove me home. A big thank you to Poi Yi and her family for all the hospitality. =)

So, 2016 has arrived and though I'm not someone who always put up new year resolution (it's a burden to achieve it sometimes, you see), I do have an expectation for this year and I'm kinda excited about it. So, here's goes the 2016 wishlist:

1) Make a great leap for my university academic life and work hard to pull up my CGPA more. 

2) Survive the remaining of my Project Manager tenure in NTU Heritage Club and make the most out of it for my character development. 

3) Have a fulfilling and enjoyable academic year end break (May to July) aka holidays filled with temporary jobs, vacation, catch-up session with friends, movies and many more.

4) Secure a great internship opportunity which I will be doing in the first half of 2017.

5) Get a part-time job in December and earn money to buy myself a pair of Air Jordan shoes. 

6) A happier and more memorable year. 

That's all for the first post of 2016. One more target that is not on my official wishlist would be to write more posts this year than I did in 2015 (29 posts). 

Signing off,
TC


No comments: