For the pleasure of your ears =)

Monday, January 18, 2016

First week nia, no need so chiong

Kon'nichiwa!

I guess blogging should be in my to-do-list this semester whenever I do not feel like studying/doing ECA works/sleeping. I've just ended my first Sunday back in university life with a day long recce for my ECA event and done one of my tutorials plus writing a 300-word learning journal. Instead of giving myself a treat by sleeping early (it's only 12.50a.m. as I begin writing this post), I choose blogging instead.

It's been a relatively busy first week back in university but somehow I'm still able to enjoy it (minus me falling sick) because I feel productive. I'm not someone who likes to keep myself busy but I guess I'm a little more adapted and mentally prepared to university life than previously. I just hope I will still be able to enjoy feeling busy while coping with study stress as the semester continues.

I just want to write about the two days in which I used my time for ECA work. On Friday, I was tasked with providing a campus tour of my university for the JENESYS students. The JENESYS delegation consists of Japanese university students and although I wasn't feeling well due to sickness, I enjoyed providing hospitality and interacting with them.

One thing to highlight is that after the campus tour, we had a sharing session with the JENESYS students in the Student Activities Centre. The sharing session was conducted by my club and our vice-president, Zhi Zheng is the moderator. We also invited Japanese Appreciation Club (JAC) to this sharing session. The sharing session began with one of our club's committee member, Yin Kiat, sharing his experience when he took part in the JENESYS programme to Japan. His sharing was really interesting as he talked about the activities he did in Japan and I'm quite envious of him. It feels really cool to be able to join a cultural exchange to other country and meet new friends from various countries.
Me and others listening attentively to Yin Kiat's sharing

The sharing by Yin Kiat was followed afterwards with presentation by Zhi Zheng and JAC. After that, it was the Japanese students' turn to do some presentation. The first group, consisted of girls, presented about Japanese costumes and I was impressed by the creativity of the Japanese in designing many different types of traditional costumes for various seasons and uses. The second group, consisted of guys, presented about Japanese technology. I must say it's a bit difficult to understand this group as their English wasn't really good (sorry haha xD). Lastly, the third group, consisted of both guys and girls, presented about Japanese music and dance. They even performed in front of us and also invited us to dance along. I was particularly impressed with their smile when they were dancing because it just strikes me how passionate and enjoyable they are about their dance. Anyway, after the performance, all people had refreshment and exchanged gifts before the sharing session ended.
The different Japanese traditional costumes according to seasons
This group presented a little about Japanese technology
Japanese dance
Japanese chiobus!!! =D
Managed to grab a personal photo with some of the Japanese students

By the way, I'm invited to another presentation by the Japanese students this coming Tuesday at Hotel Royals@Queens. Hopefully can take more photos with the Japanese chiobus on that day. xD

On Sunday, I went on a recce for my religious trail event with my sub comm members. I'm lazy to write the details because I'm feeling sleepy already. So, I'll just give a photo preview to some of the places we're planning to visit and save the religious trail post to after the event. Here it goes:
CHIJMES
Wat Ananda Metyarama Thai Buddhist Temple
Sri Mariamman Temple
Sultan Mosque

That's all for this time. My body and brain are screaming already. Haha

Sayonara! =D

Signing off,
TC

No comments: