For the pleasure of your ears =)

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Malacca One Day Food Trip

Hello dear readers out there. Welcome back for another latest update on my rather fulfilling holidays so far. Yesterday, I went for a one day food trip to Malacca with my buddies for life: Ming Yang, Kar Leong, Kanesh and Pauline. It was indeed a tiring but wonderful trip for us as we drove around Malacca and filling up our stomach with amazing foods. =D

The day before the trip, Kar Leong and I went to stay overnight in Kanesh's house. We planned a little for the timeline and location for the food trip initially before getting into a discussion about the 1MDB issues. As I was the one that will be driving for the trip, I got into sleep much earlier than I would like to as I had to abandon the Wimbledon men's single semi-final match between Roger Federer and Andy Murray. I woke up on 5.10 a.m yesterday followed by Kar Leong and Kanesh. We planned to leave Kanesh's house at 6 a.m. to pick up Ming and Pauline but we couldn't due to Malaysian Standard Time(MST). After picking up Ming, we went to MCD opposite Taman Midah and I grabbed myself a chicken muffin with egg for light breakfast before we went to pick up Pauline.

The drive to Malacca started around 7 a.m. During the journey, the rest of them talked while I focused on my driving. First time in my life hitting the 170km/h mark. I was feeling like Michael Schumacher during the drive and we managed to reach Malacca in 1.5 hour of driving. When we reached Pusat Bandaraya Melaka, it was a bit of a surprise as the shops were not opening yet. Got a little help from an old lady about where to buy the parking tickets.

Let's selfie first before we go hunting for food

First stop, we went to eat the chicken rice balls on Kedai Kopi Chung Wah. Queued for the food about 15 mins before there were seats for us. The food is so so but sort of a must try in Malacca.
 Chicken rice balls

After the rice balls, we walked around Jonker street for sight seeing and photos taking. Here are a few selfies taken: 

Both from Ming's phone

Next we headed to Bukit Rambai to taste the famous Aunty Koh's Cendol. The cendol is really tasty as it is served with three scoops of coconut milks as well as Gula Melaka. About the purest form of coconut milks you can ever get. The cendol is so nice that we even volunteered ourselves to watch our bowls and spoons. After that, we went to Klebang to taste the original coconut milk shake. I guess the milky cendol we tasted earlier caused us to feel a bit so so for the coconut milk shake. Nonetheless, vanilla ice cream on top of the coconut milk shake still made up for it(for me at least). =)

 Aunty Koh's Cendol
Klebang Original Coconut milk shake

After having enough coconut milk, we planned to go for satay celup at Mcquek but to our disappointment it only open at 5p.m. Instead, we went to have pork satay at Sun May Hiong Satay House. After pork satay, we went to have nyonya laksa, pie tee and popiah at 486 Baba Low's and then went to buy some kuih-muih at Baba Charlie. 
Breakfast Fares @ 486 Baba Low Melaka

The best part of the trip had to be the Baboon House's burger. The inside environment is nice and the burger is tasty. We couldn't take photos inside the Baboon House because it is prohibited but I still managed to find the photo in Google Image. LOLS
The Baboon House 
Highly recommended even though it's a bit pricey.

On a side note, saw a really beautiful mansion and I decided it is worthy to be in my camera roll. 
Chee Ancestral Mansion, a UNESCO World Heritage site in Malacca.

For the last stop of the trip, we went to meet with Xiao Ran, Gwen, her boyfriend and cousin at a mamak and had cheese naan and chicken tandoori. Nice to see Xiao and Gwen. (no photos taken =((( )

We set off back to KL around 7p.m. I did not speed all the way this time as I slowed down to enable myself to join in the conversations Ming, Pau, Teo and Kanesh were having. Reached KL around 9.45p.m. and after sending Pauline home, the guys went to play darts at Q Club opposite One Shamelin. Exciting last game of crickets as I managed to edge out Ming 384-370 for the win. =D After that I went back home and had three shots of red wine using the shot glass Ming bought for us as souvenir from Edinburgh before went to sleep.

That's all for the Malacca trip and stay tune to the next update. BYE! =D

No comments: