For the pleasure of your ears =)

Monday, July 20, 2015

Holiday in review

Today is my last day in KL before going back to Singapore tomorrow to resume my tertiary education. When the holidays first started following the end of my year one in university, the only reason that made me decided to come back Bolehland is to spend more time with my family. I'm not too sure I spend enough quality time with my family since I was always meeting friends and playing basketball during the time I'm not at work. I just hope that my presence in the house is gratifying enough for my mum who is the main reason that I decided to come back.

Looking back at this holidays, I must say it's the most eventful one yet in my education years(since there's no more long holidays when I step into the working force). Yet, it does not feel equally fulfilling in my heart. I guess it must be due to the fact that this is the first time I spent my holidays well and it feels like there are still so many areas that I can perfect the way I spend my holidays.

Firstly, I'm not sure whether I spend enough time and effort preparing for my university's ECA for the coming academic year. It's hard to discuss things with the President and Vice President of the club when we're in different places plus the fact that my division has yet to have its Project Manager. I just hope that the consequences would not be severe as I enter the tough 2nd year in engineering. Secondly, I wish that I have do something that is once in a lifetime experience. Coming back to M'sia caused me to miss a lot of events that are happening in my university and Singapore, the most prominently one being the 2015 SEA Games. I saw many photos and updates from my university friends regarding the oversea trips and activities they done in Singapore. I've made a mental note that I will plan my next academic year end holidays better and participate in more meaningful activities like joining Heritage Club's oversea trip or go on a personal trip or (if lucky) do an internship. Thirdly, I would love to learn new things as well, be it picking up a new hobby or learning a new language. Haha I'm probably asking too much for just a short 3 months holidays. =/

Getting back to reviewing this holidays, I had said earlier this is the most eventful yet. Firstly, I'm not spending the majority of time rotting at home as I had my second job in my life. I must say it did not end nicely as there are issues about my last day of work and my salary with my employer. Nevertheless, this job gave me valuable working experience(be it good or bad) and I've met new people through working(most of them female! xD). Secondly, I've played basketball more frequently than any point in my life so far, perhaps even more frequent than those time when I was playing competition in the past. I'm so happy that I felt I have improve a lot by playing frequently. Big gratitude has to be given to Jeff and Adrial for jio-ing me to play basketball throughout this holidays.

This holidays is memorable as well because I went on vacation twice in the same year, the last time being my final year in primary education. The Penang trip was wonderful because it's my first time travelling in Penang and I enjoyed every moment spent with my university coursemates. Let's hope there will be another trip in the next academic year end break. I also went on a day trip to Malacca with the friends that are dearest in my life: Ming Yang, Kar Leong, Kanesh and Pauline. Even though the trip is only one day, it felt more satisfying than the previous one I had because there isn't a small-air person who ignored me the whole trip. #justsaying

Holiday is of course the perfect time to catch up with friends and have gatherings/reunions. I met with two of my primary schoolmates, Xin Le and Nico and it's nice to catch up with them because it's very rare for me to meet my primary school friends. Not forgetting meeting up with my Xue Ji friends from 23, 24, 25 and 26. And of course Ming Yang, Kar Leong, Kanesh and Pauline who I enjoy catching up with the most. There are certainly more friends to catch up with but it's weird to meet them in person instead of a group. Hopefully, more efforts will be taken in the future to have a large gathering to catch up with my friends.

Lastly, I'm kinda happy and proud that I managed to revive my blog and also update frequently throughout this holiday. It's nice to be able to detail this holidays in so many posts instead of just tweeting about it or posting new photos on Instagram. I know it's a bit outdated to still writing blog and who knows how many friends still read my blog, but it's pleasurable to write and it gave me some satisfaction to write even though I'm an engineering student.

To conclude this post, I hope for a better and more memorable holidays in the future as I try to make the best out of all the remaining holidays that are left. However, the most important thing to do in the holidays remains spending (quality) time with my family, especially my mother who I love and appreciate dearly. I really hope that there are more days to spend with my mum in which I can earn more money to travel with her or buy her the things she like(it just creeps into my mind that the time to spend with her is getting less and less). It's now or never and I will strive to repay my mum for all that she has sacrifice for me. I love you, mum!

That's all for this time. BYE!


No comments: