For the pleasure of your ears =)

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Week in review (6/6 - 12/6)

Annyeonghaseyo modu =D

I have been back to Bolehland for more than a month now and this week is by far the most eventful one. So I thought I'd update my blog and do a week in review for this.

Tuesday
I went to watch the movie Me Before You with Yu Jun and Yan Xin 学姐 (both from 23rd batch). It was the first time I watched movie with any of my 学记 friends. Personally, I feel the plot build up is spot on leading to the ending of the movie, which is supposed to make people cry. Although I did not manage to cry, I enjoyed the movie as it is both heartwarming and funny. I was certainly touched by the storyline. Besides that, the sceneries in the movie are breathtaking, showing the gorgeous sceneries of Pembroke Castle and the surrounding areas in Northen Wales. Also, the soundtracks of the movie are wonderful with the appropriate love songs that added to the emotional journey we were on throughout the film. After watching the movie, it made me feel more interested to read the book and luckily Kar Leong is happy to lend me the book. =D

"Live boldly. Push yourself. Don't settle. Just live well. Just live." - Will Traynor


My company for the night =D

Wednesday to Friday
On Wednesday, I went to pasar malam near my house with Yu Jun and Yee Ching 学姐. Ate a bowl of spicy prawn mee and it was really spicy that I sweat profusely while eating. After that, we walked around and I bought fried turnip cake as add on before we went to my house to chit chat.

Thursday was Duanwu Festival and so I brought homemade rice dumplings as lunch to work.
I ate at the staff corner alone but was joined by other colleague after I finished my lunch. I was introduced to a new colleague (I forgot her name) by Dana and Jun, who worked as an intern in the company. After lunch, I went back to continue my data entry work but felt stomachache not long after that. It was so painful that I was sweating even though the office is cold due to the air-conditioning. I guess the stomachache was probably due to the spicy prawn mee that I ate on the previous night. Nevertheless, I did not request to go back earlier from work and 忍着痛 until I felt slightly better so that I could continue to work.

Friday was the deadline for the data entry task that Floria set to me the previous Monday. I managed to complete the data entry work about 30 mins after lunch hour. It was 3500+ of rows that I had done for the box of materials that she provided me. After I reported to her on finishing the task that she set, she passed me another 110+ rows of data entry work. So much so for reporting 'earlier' even after I slacked for close to 1.5 hours before reporting. =.=

Saturday
I woke up early in the morning to watch Game 4 of the NBA Finals 2016 between the Warriors and Cavaliers. It was the first live NBA Finals game that I was able to watch because Game 1 to 3 was scheduled during my working hours. Before the game began, I predicted the Warriors to win Game 4 and my prediction came true as the Warriors won to take a 3-1 series lead. Game 4 was really competitive that it kept me on the edge of my seat, unlike the previous 3 games (I watched the replay) which ended on blowout wins. There was one moment in the game where Lebron James and Stephen Curry exchange words in which the Internet made an meme out of it which is truly spot on:

Stephen Curry was like: What you mean I wasn't the most valuable player to my team?
HAHAHAHAHA

My eldest brother and I followed mum to Jusco to do shopping at 4p.m. While I was there, I bought a cone of cendol & vanilla ice cream which tasted awesome. Normally I would have buy a cup of Orea ice cream but because I spent quite a lot on outings this week, I decided to downgrade my usual ice-cream treat. Besides, my brother also belanja me two medium pizzas from the Jusco's bread shop which we reserved for watching Euro 2016 at midnight.

Because I have a date with my 场地组女神 and a few of my 学记 friends on Sunday afternoon, I went to sleep early after dinner so that I could watch the Euro 2016 match between England and Russia. Personally, I support England for this tournament and so I felt a little disappointed that the match ended with a draw after England failed to preserve their lead from a fantastic free-kick goal by Eric Dier. I was quite puzzled why Roy Hodgson did not take Harry Kane off and play Jamie Vardy or Marcus Rashford since Kane did not make much threat in front of goal. Hopefully, we will see more from England in the next two remaining group matches.

Sunday
The highlight of the week was going out with my 场地组女神 and a few of my 学记 friends. I was picked up by Poi Yi at Salak Selatan LRT station before she went to pick up Li Liing and Ong Tong. Then, we had pork chop for lunch at one of the food cafe at Jalan Kuchai Lama. The setting of the cafe is quite nice but I forgot to take a photo of it. No worry as the most important photo is of course the food:
After lunch, we went and pick up 依盈 at Mid Valley before we headed to Thirty Seconds to have coffee. Thirty Seconds happens to be the working place of Yun Ru, another 学记 friend. It was my intention to go a coffee shop because I was determined to order a proper cup of coffee art this time, which happen also to be my first coffee art cup. I enjoyed the coffee but enjoyed the chatting session even more before the days was concluded with Poi Yi fetching me home. 
More coffee shop outing next time please! @poiyi
Second time in a week I went out with a group of ladies. #艳福

Wonderful week to have and I'm yearning for more. That's all for this post. C ya!

Signing off,
TC

1 comment:

PoiYi said...

LOLS... I always on for coffee but maybe after my sem starts hahahaha... I'm a bit broke now. Did you realize only your latte art is a swan? XD