For the pleasure of your ears =)

Thursday, December 8, 2011

So called "Singaporean"

Yeah,I know I always treat some people who are academically weaker with this attitude:

TC: Darn,too many silly mistakes,how to get A+ la if it's 91 marks and above? *show the irritating sad face*

Whenever I say this,I'm sure most of the people hate me for that,because they might be thinking "shuddup la you think you are so good arr". Or perhaps some people with low dignity will feel bad for themselves whenever I said this.

Anyway,I'm not going to satirize myself for being an arrogant person here. The purpose of writing this post is to safeguard the true Malaysians' dignity. *remember to cheer for me after reading this post =P*

Apparently,I saw someone writing in his blog saying that SPM is easy. Well,the tone of saying it is full of ego in my view. I guess the so-called "Singaporean" must have forgotten where he actually came from.

Honestly, if you ask me whether O Levels is harder or SPM is harder, I think the answer is very subjective in my humble opinion. Two factors come into my mind when I try to answer the question mentioned above. First of all,it depends on whether you are a Malaysian or Singaporean. Second,it depends whether you are a smart student or weak student.

Let's talk about the first factor then. It is undeniable that both Malaysians and Singaporeans are taking a different examination system. For the Malaysians, it is SPM. For the Singaporeans,it is O Levels. Honestly, when the so called ''Singaporean" said come on dude and dudettes(in Malaysia),get a grip,SPM is easy, I find him to be such a ridiculous person. I laughed,laughed at a person who was once considered a joke in examination(IN MALAYSIA), boasted about how easy is SPM syllabus,like a piece of cake with cream filling. I know people tend to be forgetful,but let me remind you that you were once the person who was shameful of yourself facing smart Malaysians whenever they asked about your marks. Yeah,time flies. You had transformed from a joke into something err...neither fish nor fowl or neither a Malaysian nor a Singaporean,which you considered yourself a class above than the rest of the Malaysians who cried about how difficult the questions are and how stressful the exam is. You have even grown up,taking your O Levels exam like a man,compared to a little mice last time who did not even have the guts to talk about exam with the Malaysian which you considered they should rejoice about how easy SPM is.

To round off the first factor,I feel that you should never say how easy SPM is. Yeah,you might say it is easy because you feel that whatever you learnt for O Levels is way harder than SPM. You do have a point here because you had studied in both Malaysia and Singapore. But PLEASE consider this: IF you have never studied in Singapore and you're still staying in Malaysia taking SPM like the rest of us,would you even dare to say to the smart Malaysians that SPM is easy? You might have the guts to say it,but you know what,there will be no so-called perfect Singaporean standing by your side on this case like what you have now when you said SPM is easy. Those Singaporeans might even look at you the same way you're looking at us,the Malaysians.

Let's move on to the second factor. You know what? I dare not say that I'm academically better than you because there's no way I could compare myself to you when we are taking a different examination system. Kudos and bravos to you for turning into a better student because you completed your secondary education in Singapore. However,I DO HAVE THE GUTS to say that I COULD BE BETTER THAN YOU if I'm studying in Singapore like you. You might be thinking this is bullshit,but I don't think it's bullshit because you have never proven to me that you are academically better than me when you were still in Malaysia. On the other hand,you too could never prove to me that you are academically better than me even if we both study in Singapore,because that will never happen. You said you took your O Levels like a man(even the girls). I can say the same thing to you that I,LIKE MOST OF THE MALAYSIANS,TOOK OUR SPM LIKE A MAN(EVEN THE GIRLS).

To say the least about the second factor,when you are smart enough,you won't think the exam is hard,like how you consider yourself to be smarter than those Malaysians who cried about SPM. No one in Malaysia here claim they are smart because we all felt that our SPM is not like a piece of cake with cream fillings,just like no one in Singapore claim they are smart because they all do not consider their O Levels is like a piece of cake with cream fillings. We,both Malaysians and Singaporeans took our exam like a man.

Yes,you are right that we,the Malaysians should stop pitying ourselves because you consider SPM to be easy. Very true,because WE,THE MALAYSIANS should pity you for taking O Levels which you consider to be way way harder than SPM,because you were the one who chose to study there,leaving your own country. So,good luck for your fucking exam.

Signing off. *gosh,I suddenly feel like I'm a hero to all the 2011 SPM students. OMG I'M SO PERASAN.*

2 comments:

... said...

Wow, just look at all that male bravado there, man xD

I'm sorry if I managed to offend anyone with that post. It was, by all means, a selfish personal opinion which I knew would incite hatred and disagreement amongst all my ... friends, if you still consider me one.

Factor 1:Ya see, I never once considered myself better than anyone else, because I seriously suck in my studies (alliteration, yay!). And, hell, if any one of you guys applied for the scholarship, you'd have been in SG having so much more fun than I did. I used to hate talking about exams with my peers, even when I was in SG, it's a fact about me that's never going to change, and it never did. If you get an A for any subject, I'll rejoice for you; if you get something lower than that, I can relate to you. That's how it's always been for me. You may think I've become a pompous brat who sees himself above his friends, but I beg to differ. How I view my situation is something like this : I'm a student with bad grades in Singapore where the syllabus is a TEENSY BIT HARDER (cuz if I just said 'harder' someone may punch the wall ;)) which doubles the load I have to handle for studying. So I've been thinking that if I had stayed in Msia and retained the study attitude I developed in SG, I would do better. And I've been getting lots of info about the grading system for SPM and, don't shoot me, but it's a little bit slacker because many 'princes of the earth'(translate this to another language and you shall understand) can't cope with it. And btw, my SG friends do look down on us Msian scholars cuz we aren't as good as them. But when have I looked down on the people who have been scoring strings of As while I sit there waddling in my Cs? C'mon, you guys are great students with high academic capabilities, and yet you read only what you want to decipher from my blog post, taking it as a personal attack rather than a voicing of one's selfish opinion. Chillax buddy =D

... said...

Factor 2:Dude, didn't I say that to you before? "Eh, if you were here hor, I think you'd definitely be getting all As. With your studying method, you'll do great in SG" and you replied with something like "Ya la, but I'm not the one who took the scholarship ma" or something. See? I acknowledged your ability to do better in your studies than me no matter where you went =D You ARE undeniably a good student. And I had never tried to take that away from you, or anyone else. Yes, it's true that I have never been able to prove that I'm better at my studies (apart from oh i dunno English and BM?) cuz you are better than me and when have I ever said otherwise? And when have I ever said I'm good in my studies or I'm better than anyone else as you so happily like to claim? Because I'm not. I'm just an average student who prefers hanging out compared to studying. I pay more attention to gossip than tips for examinations. Heck, I'd read comics any day over my textbooks.

And just so you do not misunderstand again...I do not want to be like a Singaporean. They are the same people I grew up learning to despise. Not utterly despise, but to despise in times of need. Cuz they won't be there to help you, no. They'll be stepping over you to move on.

And I don't blame anyone who cheers for you and bows down to the SPM HERO. But this is just me fighting for my pride. Even though I had never meant to hurt anyone and someone just skimmed the tip of the iceberg of what I meant in my post. Cuz I know that you were fighting for your honour as well.


So here I am summing up by saying I'm not a very good student, and yet I suffered taking a little harder examination. So you guys will stand a higher chance to get better grades than me. Even if I stayed back in Msia, I probably wouldn't be able to get grades as high as you guys cuz, referring back a few lines ago I said I'm not a very good student. Academically.

All of the above was calculated using a very crude probability diagram.

So my friend, steel up your balls a little, and look at things from different perspectives.

Oh and I nearly forgot, good luck for your...flying exams too =D If you get all As, remember to belanja me makan. Yay I'm getting a free meal xD