For the pleasure of your ears =)

Friday, November 26, 2010

Persistent or Persistence?

When I reflected all my previous post starting of this year, I began to wonder whether am I a persistent person or a person with persistence? I actually can't differentiate both words and went to checked out the dictationary to find out its meaning. I guess now I have some clue about its meanings.

Persistent...I guess this words always tag along with me whenever people talked about my personality. In fact everyone will very much agree with this. I am persistent,too persistent indeed. I quarrel with my non-chinese educated chinese friends because of my persistent personality. I can't suit myself in 4A early of the year because I'm very persistent that my classmates aren't the type of classmates which I could accept.

When I began to grow up(mentally) and became mature,I realised sometimes in certain case,being too persistent aint good at all. Being too persistent is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but never get you anywhere. Literally,it gives me something to argue for but never win me any arguement. I'm very persistent in the view that chinese people should indeed learn BC or continue to learn BC. I'm very persistent about changing class early this year because I don't think I can fit into 4A. But when I became more mature and think more open,being too persistent on these two example get me nowhere. My persistent din influence others' thinking about the issue of chinese people learning chinese. My persistent din help me to settle quick into 4A and have a happy form 4 life early of this year.

In the end,I came to realise that I can't be that persistent because it gets me nowhere. But I guess persistence is one of my personality. Persistent and persistence is kind of synonyms. But it's not. It's the way how I think that made the difference between persistent and persistence. As I said,persistence is one of my personality. For me,being persistence means you believe in certain things that it's one of your belief. People said I might be too stress and concern about studies. They said studies aint everything. They said I should become more active in other things except studies. But for me,I still believe as a teenager and student,studies is everything. I studied hard. I believe studies give me a better future. I believe studies give me self-confidence so on and so forth. I don't care about people saying my life is dull because of studies,studies and studies. You see,persistence is my personality. And this persistence benefits me. I got good results because I worked for it. And I'm happy with it.

Perhaps in certain things people might feel I'm too persistent. But for me it's not persistent,but persistence. Well,in a nutshell,I guess being able to think more maturely help me to stay out of the persistent track. But persistence is the material that make up my track. And this persistence provides a platform for me to certain success. I'm just born as a person with persistence. And that's me,TC. =)

p.s. gosh I can't believe that when I think,there is something to blog about. But perhaps during school days all I could think of is studies and studies. That's y I dunno what to blog. Erm...is this persistent or persistence? haha...xD

2 comments:

paperplanes said...

I beg to differ on this matter. =)

If you wanna know what I think, ask me when I'm online. That is, if you wanna be hurt. Ask me at your own risk. =D

Smartee Pants said...

I kinda got a migraine while reading that post, ouch..