For the pleasure of your ears =)

Thursday, May 12, 2016

JB Trip

Hello dear readers! I'm back to blogging after a near one semester hiatus. I must say the just-concluded semester is the hardest one in my university life yet, with difficult modules to study and my ECA works. I pray for the results and wish for the best.

Anyway, same like the last academic year end holidays, I stayed in Kiasuland for an extra week before going back to homeland. The reason being I took my own sweet time packing my belongings to be moved to others' room for storage. Nah, I'm just kidding. The main reason I extended my stay is I went on a one and a half day trip to JB with my OG (Cerberus) friends on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was my first time visiting JB and a short getaway before going back to M'sia is a good way to start the holidays for myself.

On the first day, Ceng Yew, Ee Wei and I went across the causeway together and waited for Pei Wen to pick us up at JB City Square. Then, we went to her house for a break and put our belongings. Wen Ling joined us there and we went to our first location, Atlas Coffee Embassy to have our brunch.
This is what I ordered. Look tasty, ain't it? xD

Next, we went to Loud Speaker (大嘴叭) Karaoke @ Mount Austin to sing K. It was my first karaoke session for close to a year. I have updated my song library since then and so I was able to sing enjoyably a lot more this time. =D
Group photo after karaoke session
From left to right: Ee Wei, me, Ceng Yew, Wen Ling & Pei Wen

Then, we went to Palladium Cafe @ Eco Spring Show Village. The cafe's design is similar to the one that appeared in one of Jay Chou's songs, 手写的从前. We took photo with the cafe shop before we went in and ordered stuffs. I ordered a beaker of espresso ice-cream, yes they use a laboratory beaker for the espresso ice-cream. I was really amused by that because I never expect the thing I ordered to turn up like that. Haha =D
Candid photo in front of the cafe and my beaker of espresso ice cream
Forgive my messy hair =X
Night view of Palladium Cafe

For dinner, we went to Dul Dul Korean BBQ Chicken. I had a very fulfilling dinner there because besides the black garlic chicken burger (the meat tasted like McSpicy Chicken) that I ordered, I also helped the two ladies to clean up their food.

The second day began with Wen Ling's mother fetching us to Toast Box to have our breakfast. I ordered chicken nasi lemak and egg mayo bread. It was a really fulfilling breakfast for me because I hardly ever have breakfast when I'm in NTU during the semester. It was really nice as well that Wen Ling's mother treated us for this one. 

After that, we went to Austin Heights Theme Park to play skating. It's not really ice (it's plastic) that we were skating on but I have my first try on skating. I was a little surprised that it did not take me long before I was able to skate amateurishly on my own. I remember the first time I played roller skating it took some time and butt pain and still I wasn't able to roll well. Aside from the skating, it was a little unfortunate we din get to try other adventure parks due to lack of time. Nevertheless, I made a mental note to come back here to try it the next time I come to JB.
Group photo after skating

After skating, we concluded this JB trip with another karaoke session at Loud Speaker (大嘴叭) Karaoke @ Mount Austin. Haha yes, we had karaoke session for two consecutive days. So much so for someone like me who's okok with going to karaoke. Lastly, we went back to Pei Wen's house to collect our bags before going back to Singapore.

To conclude this post, thank you to Pei Wen and Wen Ling for the hospitality during our short getaway to JB. My holidays began just the way I want it and hopefully I will have more enjoyable things to write about for this holidays for the next 3 months. 

That's all for this time. C ya! 

Signing off,
TC

No comments: